Strainstall’s strain rings can be installed on a range of structural applications to measure strain forces.
Suitable for use in hostile environments, the versatility and ease of installation extends their uses beyond its original deep sea structure monitoring application. Ideal for retrofitting to existing structures where strain gauging would not have the required longevity or load cells would be difficult to fit. The unique characteristics of our strain rings make them superior in accuracy and adaptability to all other ‘bolt on’ designs.
Strainstall manufactures two types of strain ring for standard or subsea applications, which can be attached by brackets, clamped, bonded or welded to the target structure and are fully encapsulated and environmentally sealed.
Strainstall recently supplied patented strain rings to Petrofac
“Strainstall were not only diligent, responsive and professional throughout our collaboration, but went above and beyond to overcome a host of technical challenges, ultimately ensuring that the project was delivered against the a demanding timeline”
-Ross Sutherland, Maintenance and integrity superintendent at Petrofac
Benefits of Strainstall's strain rings:
- Designed and manufactured in the UK for high quality assurance
- Robust construction for use in hostile environments
- Easy to install, accurate and versatile
- Engineered for long-term service and zero maintenance
- Bespoke solutions tailored to your specific needs
- Supplied with full certificate of calibration
- Internal amplifier for added protection
- Standard and subsea options
- Safe and hazardous area options
- Environmentally sealed to IP67 or IP68
Subsea strain rings:
Our fully sealed stainless steel type 6265 strain ring is suitable for submerged depths of up to 100 metres.
Designed specifically for deep water use on offshore platforms, they can be easily installed and replaced without disturbing or releasing unnecessary load on the target structure, and with suitable cable or connectors the type 6265 strain ring can be used permanently under water.