Container Weight System™ Portable is a lightweight and fully transportable container weighing solution for the freight industry.
The system offers a highly accurate and easy to use grounded solution that weighs and automatically logs a container's VGM and its centre of gravity (COG), providing compliance with the Department of Transport (DOT) code of practice for safety of load on vehicles as well as providing a SOLAS compliant VGM.
Available ex-stock for immediate shipment globally, CWS™ Portable is a standalone system designed specifically for container packers and shippers without access to container handling equipment.
Download Strainstall's CWS™ Portable data sheet (382KB)
CWS™ Portable is as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Jack the four corners of the container off the ground and mount onto the load cells
- Follow the step-by-step instructions on the CWS™ Portable app
- Conveniently email the results for immediate shipping compliance
This cost-effective solution requires no other container handling equipment. A one person operation, CWS™ Portable enables containers to be weighed safely and accurately at the packing point, by mounting a container on highly accurate load cells that deliver proven VGM data better than 1% of the applied load - up to 60 tonnes.
The CWS™ Portable appcalculates and records the VGM and COG data wirelessly, for both Android and Apple operating systems, generating automatic reports for easy and instant sharing and printing.
Strainstall's CWS™ Portable solution has been developed specifically for container packers and shippers to meet container weight verification regulations for SOLAS VGM and DOT code of practice.
Features and benefits of CWS™ Portable include:
- Enables full SOLAS and road transport shipping compliance
- Cost-effective solution available for immediate dispatch
- Highly accurate and reliable data
- Available ex-stock for immediate global dispatch
- can be used for all container weights up to 60 tonne
- Lightweight, within manual handling lifting guidelines for easy transportation and storage
- Fast and simple one person operation
- Smart app automatically records VGM and COG data
- Share and print results instantly
- Improves operational efficiencies
- Data logged electronically
- Supplied in robust transport case
The IMO’s SOLAS regulations for container weight verification came into force on 1 July 2016, making it a legal requirement for every export container to have a verified container weight as a condition for loading aboard a vessel. There is no exception to this requirement.
Failure to provide a verified weight for loading aboard a vessel will be disruptive and costly to operations, with the potential of non-compliant containers being turned away from terminals, causing disruption to both the shipper and the carrier.
CWS™ Portable has been designed to enable shippers, who are ultimately responsible for the provision of a container’s VGM, to comply with these legal requirements in places where ports and terminals are not looking to provide a weighing service.