Renewables mooring monitoring
Strainstall’s renewables mooring load monitoring systems enhance design in respect of strength and reliability and act as an aid during installation for mooring line set-up.
With several systems installed on a number of offshore floating renewable applications, Strainstall offers a number of mooring load monitoring systems tailored to meet the requirements of the specific application. They range from the supply of a single load cell, pin, shackle or strain ring to a completely integrated monitoring and control system.
During operational deployment, ongoing mooring load monitoring mitigates against the risk of underestimating loads and stresses that can cause mooring line failure and potentially serious consequences.
Renewables mooring monitoring benefits:
- Ensures strength and reliability of offshore assets
- Allows optimum positioning of application to maximise energy harvesting potential
- Proof of concept to ensure mitigation against mooring line failure
- Provides important data that aids development/up-scaling
Renewables mooring monitoring system features:
- Non-intrusive installation
- Plug and play solution
- Provides a real-time display of mooring loads
- Uses proven Strainstall subsea load shackles and cells
- Reliable low maintenance design
- Can replicate and replace an existing mechanical part or be a designed engineered solution
Proactively supporting offshore renewables, Strainstall’s dynamic structural monitoring solutions improve operational safety and efficiency.
Strainstall’s structural wind energy monitoring systems enable focused remedial work. Saving time and resources, our solutions measure displacement, inclination, lateral erosion, oceanographic changes and component deterioration without the need for regular diver and ROV inspections.
Alarm-linked, real-time data immediately alerts operators to overload situations and to the possibility that structural stability may have been compromised. Lowering the potential for off-shore accidents, Strainstall helps clients avoid litigation and loss of reputation.