Tendon tension monitoring systems
Strainstall's tendon tension monitoring systems for tension leg platforms (TLPs) and other offshore structures provide real-time health information which enhances platform safety.
The tendon tension monitoring system (TTMS) is capable of monitoring over 200 measurement channels simultaneously to provide a broad selection of analytical capabilities and helps operators to take remedial action should tendon tension exceed safe limits.
Strainstall’s long-life load cells are installed on the tendon portches in the tendon top connector assembly to monitor tensions. This data is fed into display software for real-time review and retrospective analysis, and integrated into existing control systems as required.
Our load cells are extremely robust and are capable of providing long-term reliable data for the life of the structure – even when under water. All application software is menu driven, operator friendly and designed to interface directly with other onboard monitoring and control systems.
Benefits of tendon tension monitoring:
- Acts as a key aid during platform installation
- Provides operators with data on tendon health
- Enhances platform safety
- Enables operators to take remedial action should tendon tension exceed safe limits
Features of tendon tension monitoring:
- Displays information regarding weight distribution and tendon tension
- Robust system with a 20+ year design life
- Alarm facility alerts operators when tendon tension approaches safe operational limits
- User-friendly displays
- Interfaces with other platform control systems
- Can be fully installed and tested in dry dock
- Can also incorporate riser tension monitoring