Intelligent Fender System™
Our Intelligent Fender System (IFS)™ significantly improves safety and offers reassurance to vessel and wind farm owners by providing accurate and recordable data during offshore operations.
IFS™ provides clarity and understanding of the live and cumulative impact forces exerted during transfer operations through vessel push-ons, helping to ensure the integrity of turbine structures. The system also supports the on-going challenge for cost-reduction in offshore wind by allowing optimisation of fuel consumption during transfers.
The system consists of a sophisticated bow frame with integrated load sensors. The innovative design ensures maximum sensitivity and high levels of accuracy. The load sensors measure the forces generated by a vessel on multiple axes as it impacts upon the wind turbine and can quantify bow fender friction levels as well as impact and push-on forces. Data is transmitted to the bridge in real time and can also be sent to shore for analysis if required.
Fully adaptable, IFS™ can be supplied to work independently or with existing vessel controls/displays. It can also be integrated with other systems such as Strainstall’s Offshore Wind Management System™.
Benefits of the Intelligent Fender System™:
- Facilitates the safe transfer of personnel
- Reduces costs through the optimisation of fuel consumption
- Ensures the integrity of turbine structures
- Mitigates against damage to monopiles and transition pieces
- Designed for simple installation and removal
- Easily configurable and modified to suit bow
- Can be used for safety, analytical or corroborative purposes
Features of the Intelligent Fender System™:
- Measures the forces generated by the vessel as it docks against a wind turbine
- Delivers accurate live data to vessel skipper during operations
- Provides historic data that can be used to assist in legal matters
- Develops understanding of the cumulative effect of multiple boat landings
- Has the ability to interface with any fender arrangement
- Can quantify and monitor fender performance and any fender mounting issues