Vessel Motion Monitoring System™
Strainstall's Vessel Motion Monitoring System (VMMS)™ significantly improves the safety of personnel and vessels during offshore transfers through accurate vessel motion monitoring data.
Providing an objective assessment of offshore conditions, the system protects personnel from injury during transfers, and also protects vessels and offshore assets from sustaining damage. VMMS™allows the user oversight of all motion parameters including heave, pitch and roll levels rather than using significant wave height as the sole limiting factor. Providing a more accurate overview of conditions, VMMS™ increases operational windows.
VMMS™ can be used as a stand-alone system or be integrated into Strainstall’s pioneering Offshore Wind Management System (OWMS)™ . It can also be used in conjunction with our Intelligent Fender System™ to provide full oversight of wind farm operations.
Benefits of Vessel Motion Monitoring System™:
- Improves personnel safety during vessel transfer operations
- Provides an objective assessment of conditions
- Mitigates nausea and sickness of personnel and improves wellbeing
- Protects the vessel and equipment from damage
- Increases operational windows by measuring all vessel motions
- Determines vessel efficiency and supports selection and management decisions
- Quick and easy to install
Features of Vessel Motion Monitoring System™:
- Accurate motion monitoring of roll, pitch, heave and heading
- Collects data for statistical/analytical purposes
- Alarms provide warnings when heave levels reach pre-set limits
- Graphic display with live and historical data of roll, pitch, heave and heading
- Threshold setting limits