Mooring load monitoring
Strainstall's mooring load monitoring system, MoorAlert™, enables safe and efficient mooring of a vessel to its berth and ensures continued security.
The mooring monitoring system provides an accurate indication of loads in multi-line mooring configurations and provides data that will protect the performance of the line. Loads are monitored in real-time by load measuring pins installed into quick release mooring hooks, enabling each mooring line to be pre-tensioned to acceptable values of load.
Strainstall can also provide simple, portable systems for vessel owners who wish to monitor mooring line loads but are docking at terminals without an integrated mooring load monitoring facility, typically comprising of wireless load shackles and a display.
MoorAlert™ mooring load monitoring benefits:
- Maintains safe and efficient mooring line tension
- Ensures safety of personnel whilst vessel is moored
- Protects jetty equipment and infrastructure
MoorAlert™ mooring load monitoring features:
- Real-time monitoring of tensions in the mooring lines during unloading/loading
- Indication of the position of the quick release hook (open or closed)
- Alarms in the event of parameters being outside of operator settable limits
- Remote release of quick release hooks
- Emergency release of quick release hooks