Train brake force measuring load cells
- Compression load cells
- High temperature load cells
- Load cell simulators
- Tension and compression load cells
- Tension load cells
- Train brake force measuring load cells
Strainstall's train brake force measuring load cells ensure that the breaking system delivers an even and sufficient force to improve rail safety and efficiency.
Train brake load cells are available for both disk brakes and block brakes and replace the disc pad or block to take a static reading. The standard display is a hand-held battery powered unit which the load cell simply plugs into via a 5m cable. A mains variation is also available. Each system is supplied with a transit case for ease of transportation and storage protection. Strainstall can also design and manufacture a solution to suit specific customer requirements.
Benefits of Strainstall's train brake load cells:
- Shows actual applied force at the brake friction surface
- Reduces/identifies maintenance requirement
- Improves operational safety