Strainstall's quick release towing hooks significantly increase safety and reduce the risk of any incidents during towing operations.
The quick release towing hooks enable vessels to be towed safely under severe working conditions and allow towing lines to be released, whether slack or under full safe working load. The quick release mechanism facilitates the instantaneous disengagement of the towing line to ensure the safety of the tug and personnel.
The towing hooks can be released manually or remotely with either a hydraulic or pneumatic release mechanism. An accurate towing load monitoring system can also be incorporated into the towing hooks to provide further insight to the tug's master during operations as well as increased efficiency.
Benefits of quick release towing hooks:
- Allows vessels to be towed safely under severe working conditions
- Enables towing lines to be released under full safe working load
- Allows towing as lines to be instantaneously disengaged
Features of quick release towing hooks:
- Range from 5 to 150 tonnes
- Class approved
- Simple installation
- Full environmental sealing