- Measuring success | 50 years of Strainstall
- TTMS™ deployed in Brazil
- Tower yoke load and angle monitoring system
- Oil pipe strain and movement monitoring
- Jiangyin Yangtze Bridge monitoring
- Automated data monitoring system
- Khalifa Point CALM buoy load monitoring system
- Structural monitoring of Blackfriars Bridge
- Abu Dhabi Plaza static load testing
- Blackfriars station ground movement monitoring
- Shenzi IMMS
- Gandhinagar metro bi-directional static load testing
- Data logging for New Year's Eve
- Monitoring Strainstall's developments
- Taking the strain
- Monitoring stresses and strains
- A measured approach
- Quick release mooring hooks for Portsmouth Port
- Anchor line load monitoring system
- Protecting Qatari heritage building
- Structural monitoring of Burj Khalifa Tower
- Sheikh Zayad Bridge
- Structural monitoring system
- Jamarat Bridge
- CrackFirst™ fatigue monitoring
- Structural monitoring for offshore wind turbine foundations
- Container Weighing System installed at DP World Southampton
- Flavio terminal, Naples is equipped with SOLAS compliant reachstackers
- Strainstall’s CWS™ installed at DP World Hong Kong
Sheikh Zayad Bridge.
Designed by renowned UK based architect Zaha Hadid, the Sheikh Zayad bridge will form the main gateway into Abu Dubai.
It is twin deck bridge comprising pre-stressed concrete box girders, supported by bearing on concrete piers and by hangers on a pair of 3D steel arches. The steel arches are connected to the concrete piers to transfer their loads to the foundation. The total length of the bridge is 842m (2762 ft) and the main span in 140m (45 ft).
Strainstall Middle East was contracted to install K type thermocouples in the east main pier, the reading of which were taken manually during the curing process. The concrete undergoes an exothermic chemical reaction during the curing process. Generally this heat production is of little consequence;it is released over a rather long period and is easily dissipated to the surrounding environmental. However, large concrete structures (mass concrete) present a problem, as the heat generated within the body of the structure cannot be dissipated quickly enough, and rather large temperature gradient can develop between the centre and the surface of the structure. These temperature gradients during the cure period produces cracks in the finished concrete structure. These cracks serve as entry portals for chlorides that have a damaged effort on the reinforcing steel.
Strainstall also installed system for load measurement within the temporary support that will be used during the erection of the main bridge arches. Pressure transmitters provided the jacking load, and after the lock off, electrical resistance strain gauges provided the changes in the load distribution through the support structure. Radio telemetry system enabled the real time monitoring of the jacking results and the load distribution at the site office.