- Measuring success | 50 years of Strainstall
- TTMS™ deployed in Brazil
- Tower yoke load and angle monitoring system
- Oil pipe strain and movement monitoring
- Jiangyin Yangtze Bridge monitoring
- Automated data monitoring system
- Khalifa Point CALM buoy load monitoring system
- Structural monitoring of Blackfriars Bridge
- Abu Dhabi Plaza static load testing
- Blackfriars station ground movement monitoring
- Shenzi IMMS
- Gandhinagar metro bi-directional static load testing
- Data logging for New Year's Eve
- Monitoring Strainstall's developments
- Taking the strain
- Monitoring stresses and strains
- A measured approach
- Quick release mooring hooks for Portsmouth Port
- Anchor line load monitoring system
- Protecting Qatari heritage building
- Structural monitoring of Burj Khalifa Tower
- Sheikh Zayad Bridge
- Structural monitoring system
- Jamarat Bridge
- CrackFirst™ fatigue monitoring
- Structural monitoring for offshore wind turbine foundations
- Container Weighing System installed at DP World Southampton
Structural monitoring system.
The Landmark is a postmodern super-tall skyscraper under construction in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
The mixed-use project will stand 324 meters (1,036 ft) tall, with 72 floor above ground and 5 basement levels. The building works are expect to be completed by 2012.
As part of a structural health study during construction, strain gauges and other sensors were installed in the tower's key structural elements and in the foundations.
Strainstall Middle East was contracted to provide a complete monitoring system to measure elastic shortening within the tower's structure and stress within the core walls and columns. Pile loading, settlement and earth pressure testing the raft foundation was also carried out.
A dynamic monitoring system will also be installed post construction to measure the dynamic acceleration, nation frequency, critical damping of the tower and wind induced loading. The measurement acceleration will also be correlated with measured wind speed. The system will be able to perform real-time monitoring and reporting of data.
The system comprised of:
- Networking data loggers
- Embedment strain gauges in the vertical columns and core walls
- Weather station
- Pressure cells
- Embedment strain gauges in piles
- Anchor load cells on diaphragm wall.