- A record outing for Strainstall's Frank Rose
- Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification.
- Strainstall exhibiting at OTD2017
- Pelican Summer 2017 released
- Strainstall secures OEM contract with Kalmar for installation of CWS™
- Strainstall's mooring system starts monitoring at Hywind
- Strainstall's load monitoring equipment supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- Join Strainstall at the CIRIA roadshow, Solihull
- StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring system installed on Gaza FSO
- Strainstall supported the Halley Antarctic ice station relocation project
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area SmartLoad® products
- Strainstall contributes to new bridge monitoring guidance
- Container Weight System™ successfully achieves EU-type approval
- Strainstall exhibiting at Bridges 2017
- Strainstall is recruiting
- Strainstall expand structural monitoring appeal in Malaysia
- High praise for Strainstall's BridgeWatch™
- Happy birthday Strainstall
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind project
- Strainstall supplies advanced mooring solution at Pengerang
- Strainstall secures major CWS order from DP World Southampton
- Strainstall launches portable container weighing solution CWS™ Portable
- Strainstall wins 'Best Onboard Weighing System 2016' with CWS
- Strainstall delivers industry first in Singapore
- Strainstall is exhibiting at Bridges 2016
- Strainstall takes part in ICHCA 2016 conference to discuss container weighing
- Strainstall relocates its Midsomer Norton base to Bristol
- Strainstall provides insights on how to tackle container weight verification
- Strainstall's BridgeWatch supports opening of Forth Road Bridge
- Container weight verification - a weighty issue
- EEEGR Innovation Award win
- Delivering successful solutions for Port of Dampier
- Strainstall secures significant Bluewater Energy Services contract
- Strainstall's load cells chosen for China
- World's first successful IFS trial
- A special report: Strainstall's offshore monitoring solutions
- Strainstall supports Marine Power Systems’ WaveSub™
- Strainstall install sensors on innovative offshore wind turbine foundation
- BridgeWatch® makes critical structure monitoring affordable
- VMMS™ supplied to the Carbon Trust Offshore Wind Accelerator Programme
- Strainstall's new container weighing system
- Assisting the safe transfer of personnel
- Strainstall provides load measurement solution for stream generator
- Strainstall and Fendercare exhibit in Korea
- Strainstall publish container weight verification white paper
- Strainstall introduce new chain monitoring system
- Strainstall introduce new Container Weighing System (CWS)™
- Strainstall open new mooring facility
- Strainstall to supply StressAlert™system to Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI)
- Strainstall provide vital technology for wave energy
- Strainstall launches new rugged foot switch
- Strainstall supply Total with critical monitoring solution
- Strainstall delivers a load measurement solution
- Strainstall supplies load monitoring solution for superyacht “Hanuman”
- Strainstall wins structural health contract
- Strainstall’s new offshore wind farm vessel management system
- Strainstall undertakes transfer vessel motion monitoring trial at UK offshore wind farm
- Strainstall supplies its Vessel Motion Monitoring System (VMMS)™
- Strainstall's life extension for ageing offshore assets
- Strainstall exhibiting at the James Fisher open day
CWS™ successfully achieves EU-type approval
Strainstall in world-first with EU-type approval for load pin based container weighing system.
Strainstall, the leading provider of container weighing systems and part of James Fisher and Sons plc, has successfully achieved full Automatic Weighing Instruments EU-type approval from the National Measurements and Regulatory Office (NMRO) for its innovative Container Weight System (CWS)™.
Strainstall's CWS™ EU-type approval enables complete compliance to the International Maritime Organization's (IMO) Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) amendment for the verification of container weights, which came into force 1 July 2016. This is a critical milestone in the product's development as CWS™ is now fully approved to provide the verified gross mass (VGM) of containers, assisting ports and terminals in the provision of container weighing services to their customers.
Strainstall's CWS™ solution was specifically developed to meet the SOLAS container weight verification regulations and has been successfully installed at a number of international container terminals, including DP World Southampton's full straddle carrier fleet, where the system has demonstrated its high accuracy in excess of industry expectations.
Simon Everett, managing director at Strainstall explains:
"The NMRO approval process certifies full compliance to the IMO's SOLAS amendment for the verification of container weights, and I'm delighted that CWS now has EU-type approval."
CWS™ offers customers a fully compliant and robust solution. It's designed to be easily integrated into terminal operating systems (TOS) giving a simple and automated process for producing a verified gross mass for SOLAS compliance, with no impact to existing terminal operating procedures.
"The industry is still experiencing some issues with implementation and enforcement, so this certification will help to give customers complete confidence in compliance and their ability to provide verified weights as legislated by the IMO, using our innovative and fully integrated container weighing solution."
CWS™ also doesn't just provide the verified gross mass of a container, but also container snag detection and its centre of gravity (COG), helping to ensuring the safety of container stowage and transportation.
Strainstall's CWS™ EU approval news has also just been featured in its parent company's corporate newsletter. You can read the full issue of the Pelican newsletter and find out what else has been happening in James Fisher and Sons plc in the first quarter of 2017.
Strainstall's CWS system installed at DP World Southampton.