- A record outing for Strainstall's Frank Rose
- Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification.
- Strainstall exhibiting at OTD2017
- Pelican Summer 2017 released
- Strainstall secures OEM contract with Kalmar for installation of CWS™
- Strainstall's mooring system starts monitoring at Hywind
- Strainstall's load monitoring equipment supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- Join Strainstall at the CIRIA roadshow, Solihull
- StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring system installed on Gaza FSO
- Strainstall supported the Halley Antarctic ice station relocation project
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area SmartLoad® products
- Strainstall contributes to new bridge monitoring guidance
- Container Weight System™ successfully achieves EU-type approval
- Strainstall exhibiting at Bridges 2017
- Strainstall is recruiting
- Strainstall expand structural monitoring appeal in Malaysia
- High praise for Strainstall's BridgeWatch™
- Happy birthday Strainstall
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind project
- Strainstall supplies advanced mooring solution at Pengerang
- Strainstall secures major CWS order from DP World Southampton
- Strainstall launches portable container weighing solution CWS™ Portable
- Strainstall wins 'Best Onboard Weighing System 2016' with CWS
- Strainstall delivers industry first in Singapore
- Strainstall is exhibiting at Bridges 2016
- Strainstall takes part in ICHCA 2016 conference to discuss container weighing
- Strainstall relocates its Midsomer Norton base to Bristol
- Strainstall provides insights on how to tackle container weight verification
- Strainstall's BridgeWatch supports opening of Forth Road Bridge
- Container weight verification - a weighty issue
- EEEGR Innovation Award win
- Delivering successful solutions for Port of Dampier
- Strainstall secures significant Bluewater Energy Services contract
- Strainstall's load cells chosen for China
- World's first successful IFS trial
- A special report: Strainstall's offshore monitoring solutions
- Strainstall supports Marine Power Systems’ WaveSub™
- Strainstall install sensors on innovative offshore wind turbine foundation
- BridgeWatch® makes critical structure monitoring affordable
- VMMS™ supplied to the Carbon Trust Offshore Wind Accelerator Programme
- Strainstall's new container weighing system
- Assisting the safe transfer of personnel
- Strainstall provides load measurement solution for stream generator
- Strainstall and Fendercare exhibit in Korea
- Strainstall publish container weight verification white paper
- Strainstall introduce new chain monitoring system
- Strainstall introduce new Container Weighing System (CWS)™
- Strainstall open new mooring facility
- Strainstall to supply StressAlert™system to Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI)
- Strainstall provide vital technology for wave energy
- Strainstall launches new rugged foot switch
- Strainstall supply Total with critical monitoring solution
- Strainstall delivers a load measurement solution
- Strainstall supplies load monitoring solution for superyacht “Hanuman”
- Strainstall wins structural health contract
- Strainstall’s new offshore wind farm vessel management system
- Strainstall undertakes transfer vessel motion monitoring trial at UK offshore wind farm
- Strainstall supplies its Vessel Motion Monitoring System (VMMS)™
- Strainstall's life extension for ageing offshore assets
- Strainstall exhibiting at the James Fisher open day
Launch of zone 1 hazardous area SmartLoad® products
Strainstall's sister company, Scotload, helps to deliver improved operational safety with the launch of zone 1 hazardous area SmartLoad® products.
Scotload, is pleased to announce the launch of the newly certified SmartLoad 1Ex®wireless product range. Incorporating the innovative and award-winning SmartLoad® wireless technology, the newly extended suite of hazardous area products features advanced functionality which benefits clients across a range of safety critical industries.
The newly ATEX and IECEx certified zone 1 products include the SmartLoad® handset and wireless transmitter, which have been approved for use with Scotload's load cells, load pins load links, load shackles and line tension monitors.
The ATEX and IECEx certification also includes three standard battery sizes, meaning users are able to change batteries directly within zone 1 and 2 hazardous environments, significantly increasing usability and driving operational efficiency. Scotload is the first company to ever provide this functionality for customers operating in hazardous environments.
Describing the benefits of SmartLoad®, managing director Simon Everett says:
"The exciting addition of SmartLoad 1Ex to our already extensive portfolio of hazardous area products enables us to increase safety and efficiency for our customers operating in a number of critical work areas. By eliminating cables from critical work areas, we can help to reduce the maintenance costs associated with cable damage and improve the overall operational safety."
SmartLoad® includes numerous hazardous area display options including the ergonomically designed SmartLoad®handset featuring an intuitive menu driven display with individual load cell naming facility. Requiring only one handset to connect to any sensor, these simple plug and play products automatically detect all cells in range with a live simultaneous display of multiple cell data.
Adrian Coventry, engineering director, explains the unique functionality of SmartLoad®:
"We have designed the hazardous area Smartload to combine the latest wireless technology with ease of use and is fully compatible with existing equipment so it can be easily retrofitted, removing the need for expensive system upgrades. Being able to replace standard batteries in the hazardous area also ensures uninterrupted operation."
Working in partnership with sister company Strainstall, Scotload delivers improved operational safety to an array of complex load monitoring environments with its globally approved hazardous area product range.
"Our entire product range is fully compatible with ATEX and IECEx certifications for zone 1 and 2 classifications, with the North American certification pending. Once achieved, Scotload will be the only company to have gained certification for all three types of hazardous area legislation for its load monitoring products."