- Strainstall load shackles to provide valuable monitoring data for SME PLAT-I tidal energy platform
- Strainstall's structural monitoring capabilities now form part of James Fisher Testing Services
- Scotload load shackles used during MeyGen tidal turbine installation
- A record outing for Strainstall's Frank Rose
- Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification.
- Strainstall exhibiting at OTD2017
- Pelican Summer 2017 released
- Strainstall secures OEM contract with Kalmar for installation of CWS™
- Strainstall's mooring system starts monitoring at Hywind
- Strainstall's load monitoring equipment supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- Join Strainstall at the CIRIA roadshow, Solihull
- StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring system installed on Gaza FSO
- Strainstall supported the Halley Antarctic ice station relocation project
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area SmartLoad® products
- Strainstall contributes to new bridge monitoring guidance
- Container Weight System™ successfully achieves EU-type approval
- Strainstall exhibiting at Bridges 2017
- Strainstall is recruiting
- Strainstall expand structural monitoring appeal in Malaysia
- High praise for Strainstall's BridgeWatch™
- Happy birthday Strainstall
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind project
- Strainstall supplies advanced mooring solution at Pengerang
- Strainstall secures major CWS order from DP World Southampton
- Strainstall launches portable container weighing solution CWS™ Portable
- Strainstall wins 'Best Onboard Weighing System 2016' with CWS
- Strainstall delivers industry first in Singapore
- Strainstall is exhibiting at Bridges 2016
- Strainstall takes part in ICHCA 2016 conference to discuss container weighing
- Strainstall relocates its Midsomer Norton base to Bristol
- Strainstall provides insights on how to tackle container weight verification
- Strainstall's BridgeWatch supports opening of Forth Road Bridge
- Container weight verification - a weighty issue
- EEEGR Innovation Award win
- Delivering successful solutions for Port of Dampier
- Strainstall secures significant Bluewater Energy Services contract
- Strainstall's load cells chosen for China
- World's first successful IFS trial
- A special report: Strainstall's offshore monitoring solutions
- Strainstall supports Marine Power Systems’ WaveSub™
- Strainstall install sensors on innovative offshore wind turbine foundation
- BridgeWatch® makes critical structure monitoring affordable
- VMMS™ supplied to the Carbon Trust Offshore Wind Accelerator Programme
- Strainstall's new container weighing system
- Assisting the safe transfer of personnel
- Strainstall provides load measurement solution for stream generator
- Strainstall and Fendercare exhibit in Korea
- Strainstall publish container weight verification white paper
- Strainstall introduce new chain monitoring system
- Strainstall introduce new Container Weighing System (CWS)™
- Strainstall open new mooring facility
- Strainstall to supply StressAlert™system to Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI)
- Strainstall provide vital technology for wave energy
- Strainstall launches new rugged foot switch
- Strainstall supply Total with critical monitoring solution
- Strainstall delivers a load measurement solution
- Strainstall supplies load monitoring solution for superyacht “Hanuman”
- Strainstall wins structural health contract
- Strainstall’s new offshore wind farm vessel management system
- Strainstall undertakes transfer vessel motion monitoring trial at UK offshore wind farm
- Strainstall supplies its Vessel Motion Monitoring System (VMMS)™
- Strainstall's life extension for ageing offshore assets
- Strainstall exhibiting at the James Fisher open day
09 September 2013
Strainstall open new mooring facility
Strainstall announce the opening of a new dedicated mooring production facility.
Strainstall, a part of James Fisher and Son plc, has announced the opening of a new production facility based in Bembridge, Isle of Wight.
The new 10,000sqft facility produces the full range of mooring hooks and mooring units including a bespoke service specific to customer requirements. It is fully equipped with a 7.5T pendant controlled overhead crane, fork lift trucks and high load racking to ensure maximum efficiency and optimum product turnaround.
The facility also houses a test rig that can test hook units up to 350T. The rig electronically records all hook data during testing and downloads to a document that gives the customer instant access to the test data.
Full testing is carried out in-house before being despatched to their customer’s sites. All of the customer’s hook units are tested using Strainstall own test equipment and witnessed by a certifying body.
Staff at the Bembridge facility are supported by engineering, electronic and software staff from the Strainstall head office at Cowes to ensure one seamless operation.
Strainstall's managing director, Simon Everett, commented:
“We are delighted that our Bembridge base is now operational. We have moved Quick Release Hook production from Belgium bringing it closer to the team here in Cowes, enabling us to offer an integrated FAT for the Quick Release Hooks and Berth Management Systems for our customers. We believe this product line has good growth potential and this new facility will give us the potential to expand to meet the needs of our customers into the future. We are also delighted to bring this investment to the local economy where we have a committed and growing workforce."
The facility has its own stores and packing staff to ensure that all units leaving for delivery to our customers are suitable packaged and quality inspected to ensure that they arrive in a condition where they can be immediately installed ready for commissioning by Strainstall commissioning engineers.