- A record outing for Strainstall's Frank Rose
- Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification.
- Strainstall exhibiting at OTD2017
- Pelican Summer 2017 released
- Strainstall secures OEM contract with Kalmar for installation of CWS™
- Strainstall's mooring system starts monitoring at Hywind
- Strainstall's load monitoring equipment supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- Join Strainstall at the CIRIA roadshow, Solihull
- StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring system installed on Gaza FSO
- Strainstall supported the Halley Antarctic ice station relocation project
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area SmartLoad® products
- Strainstall contributes to new bridge monitoring guidance
- Container Weight System™ successfully achieves EU-type approval
- Strainstall exhibiting at Bridges 2017
- Strainstall is recruiting
- Strainstall expand structural monitoring appeal in Malaysia
- High praise for Strainstall's BridgeWatch™
- Happy birthday Strainstall
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind project
- Strainstall supplies advanced mooring solution at Pengerang
- Strainstall secures major CWS order from DP World Southampton
- Strainstall launches portable container weighing solution CWS™ Portable
- Strainstall wins 'Best Onboard Weighing System 2016' with CWS
- Strainstall delivers industry first in Singapore
- Strainstall is exhibiting at Bridges 2016
- Strainstall takes part in ICHCA 2016 conference to discuss container weighing
- Strainstall relocates its Midsomer Norton base to Bristol
- Strainstall provides insights on how to tackle container weight verification
- Strainstall's BridgeWatch supports opening of Forth Road Bridge
- Container weight verification - a weighty issue
- EEEGR Innovation Award win
- Delivering successful solutions for Port of Dampier
- Strainstall secures significant Bluewater Energy Services contract
- Strainstall's load cells chosen for China
- World's first successful IFS trial
- A special report: Strainstall's offshore monitoring solutions
- Strainstall supports Marine Power Systems’ WaveSub™
- Strainstall install sensors on innovative offshore wind turbine foundation
- BridgeWatch® makes critical structure monitoring affordable
- VMMS™ supplied to the Carbon Trust Offshore Wind Accelerator Programme
- Strainstall's new container weighing system
- Assisting the safe transfer of personnel
- Strainstall provides load measurement solution for stream generator
- Strainstall and Fendercare exhibit in Korea
- Strainstall publish container weight verification white paper
- Strainstall introduce new chain monitoring system
- Strainstall introduce new Container Weighing System (CWS)™
- Strainstall open new mooring facility
- Strainstall to supply StressAlert™system to Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI)
- Strainstall provide vital technology for wave energy
- Strainstall launches new rugged foot switch
- Strainstall supply Total with critical monitoring solution
- Strainstall delivers a load measurement solution
- Strainstall supplies load monitoring solution for superyacht “Hanuman”
- Strainstall wins structural health contract
- Strainstall’s new offshore wind farm vessel management system
- Strainstall undertakes transfer vessel motion monitoring trial at UK offshore wind farm
- Strainstall supplies its Vessel Motion Monitoring System (VMMS)™
- Strainstall's life extension for ageing offshore assets
- Strainstall exhibiting at the James Fisher open day
Strainstall contributes to new bridge monitoring guidance with CIRIA.
Strainstall has contributed to an influential new report, offering comprehensive guidance on hidden defect detection across a wide range of bridge types.
The guidance has been produced by the Construction Industry Research and Information Association (CIRIA), in consultation with a number of leading industry figures, asset owners and key organisations, including Strainstall.
Published in early June, the guide collates a series of case studies demonstrating where hidden defects exist in critical bridge components. A number of the case studies featured in the guide are based on work carried out by Strainstall at various sites nationwide, including the Forth Road Bridge, the Severn Bridge, and the Hammersmith Flyover.
Drawing on these examples, the report offers comprehensive guidance on monitoring and maintaining bridge structures and provides methods to identify, investigate and manage many known hidden defects.
Matthew Anderson, global technical director at Strainstall contributed to the working group on the project. He said:
“This substantial guide represents the industry benchmark in hidden defect detection and I am pleased that Strainstall could offer its experience and technical expertise to the working group.
“Strainstall has developed some of the industry’s most advanced structural health monitoring tools, including our BridgeWatch® system, which can provide real-time data on the exact condition of the bridge structure.
"I am pleased that this data and our wider experiences have been able to inform this guide and potentially help to extend the operational lifespans of bridges across the UK and beyond.”
The importance of monitoring and preventative maintenance has been highlighted by a number of events in recent years, including the closure of the Hammersmith flyover for essential repairs and recent RAC research reported by the BBC, that concluded over 3,000 council-owned bridges across the UK are in a state of disrepair.
You can order a copy of the CIRIA guidance here.