- SmartLoad® wins HazardEx award
- Strainstall load shackles to provide valuable monitoring data for SME PLAT-I tidal energy platform
- Strainstall's structural monitoring capabilities now form part of James Fisher Testing Services
- Scotload load shackles used during MeyGen tidal turbine installation
- A record outing for Strainstall's Frank Rose
- Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification.
- Strainstall exhibiting at OTD2017
- Pelican Summer 2017 released
- Strainstall secures OEM contract with Kalmar for installation of CWS™
- Strainstall's mooring system starts monitoring at Hywind
- Strainstall's load monitoring equipment supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- Join Strainstall at the CIRIA roadshow, Solihull
- StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring system installed on Gaza FSO
- Strainstall supported the Halley Antarctic ice station relocation project
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area SmartLoad® products
- Strainstall contributes to new bridge monitoring guidance
- Container Weight System™ successfully achieves EU-type approval
- Strainstall exhibiting at Bridges 2017
- Strainstall is recruiting
- Strainstall expand structural monitoring appeal in Malaysia
- High praise for Strainstall's BridgeWatch™
- Happy birthday Strainstall
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind project
- Strainstall supplies advanced mooring solution at Pengerang
- Strainstall secures major CWS order from DP World Southampton
- Strainstall launches portable container weighing solution CWS™ Portable
- Strainstall wins 'Best Onboard Weighing System 2016' with CWS
- Strainstall delivers industry first in Singapore
- Strainstall is exhibiting at Bridges 2016
- Strainstall takes part in ICHCA 2016 conference to discuss container weighing
- Strainstall relocates its Midsomer Norton base to Bristol
- Strainstall provides insights on how to tackle container weight verification
- Strainstall's BridgeWatch supports opening of Forth Road Bridge
- Container weight verification - a weighty issue
- EEEGR Innovation Award win
- Delivering successful solutions for Port of Dampier
- Strainstall secures significant Bluewater Energy Services contract
- Strainstall's load cells chosen for China
- World's first successful IFS trial
- A special report: Strainstall's offshore monitoring solutions
- Strainstall supports Marine Power Systems’ WaveSub™
- Strainstall install sensors on innovative offshore wind turbine foundation
- BridgeWatch® makes critical structure monitoring affordable
- VMMS™ supplied to the Carbon Trust Offshore Wind Accelerator Programme
- Strainstall's new container weighing system
- Assisting the safe transfer of personnel
- Strainstall provides load measurement solution for stream generator
- Strainstall and Fendercare exhibit in Korea
- Strainstall publish container weight verification white paper
- Strainstall introduce new chain monitoring system
- Strainstall introduce new Container Weighing System (CWS)™
- Strainstall open new mooring facility
- Strainstall to supply StressAlert™system to Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI)
- Strainstall provide vital technology for wave energy
- Strainstall launches new rugged foot switch
- Strainstall supply Total with critical monitoring solution
- Strainstall delivers a load measurement solution
- Strainstall supplies load monitoring solution for superyacht “Hanuman”
- Strainstall wins structural health contract
- Strainstall’s new offshore wind farm vessel management system
- Strainstall undertakes transfer vessel motion monitoring trial at UK offshore wind farm
- Strainstall supplies its Vessel Motion Monitoring System (VMMS)™
- Strainstall's life extension for ageing offshore assets
- Strainstall exhibiting at the James Fisher open day
Strainstall expand structural monitoring appeal in Malaysia.
Strainstall Malaysia has secured a contract to install its BridgeWatch monitoring system on the Penang bridge in a move which establishes the company as a key player within the instrumentation and monitoring sector in South East Asia.
As a key artery linking mainland Malaysia with the island of Penang bridge in a move which establishes the company as a key player within the instrumentation and monitoring sector in South East Asia.
This new contract means two of three largest bridges in Malaysia are now lifted with Strainstall's state-of-the-art structural monitoring system, BridgeWatch, which offers a sophisticated preventative maintenance solution enabling engineers to assess and create predictive maintenance strategies.
According to Strainstall Malaysia's structural monitoring manager, Damian Griffiths, the project was first mooted in 2015 when the team was working with the Malaysian highways authority on the Malaysia-Singapore Second Link - the bridge which links the country with Singapore.
'We formed a good working relationship with the Malaysian highways authority and their network maintenance manager, Opus International.'
Says Damian. The team proposed a BridgeWatch system for the Penang bridge which works with multiple sensor types and uniquely integrates with the bridge's existing sensors.
'In working out a way to integrate existing sensors with new sensors in order to replace the legacy system from a competitor we were able to exhibit the flexibility and knowledge necessary to smoothly incorporate third party equipment.'
The new system will offer real-time monitoring with alerts to notify the bridge concession holder as well as the Malaysian highways authority of any stress, displacement or damage so they can act accordingly.