- A record outing for Strainstall's Frank Rose
- Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification.
- Strainstall exhibiting at OTD2017
- Pelican Summer 2017 released
- Strainstall secures OEM contract with Kalmar for installation of CWS™
- Strainstall's mooring system starts monitoring at Hywind
- Strainstall's load monitoring equipment supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- Join Strainstall at the CIRIA roadshow, Solihull
- StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring system installed on Gaza FSO
- Strainstall supported the Halley Antarctic ice station relocation project
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area SmartLoad® products
- Strainstall contributes to new bridge monitoring guidance
- Container Weight System™ successfully achieves EU-type approval
- Strainstall exhibiting at Bridges 2017
- Strainstall is recruiting
- Strainstall expand structural monitoring appeal in Malaysia
- High praise for Strainstall's BridgeWatch™
- Happy birthday Strainstall
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind project
- Strainstall supplies advanced mooring solution at Pengerang
- Strainstall secures major CWS order from DP World Southampton
- Strainstall launches portable container weighing solution CWS™ Portable
- Strainstall wins 'Best Onboard Weighing System 2016' with CWS
- Strainstall delivers industry first in Singapore
- Strainstall is exhibiting at Bridges 2016
- Strainstall takes part in ICHCA 2016 conference to discuss container weighing
- Strainstall relocates its Midsomer Norton base to Bristol
- Strainstall provides insights on how to tackle container weight verification
- Strainstall's BridgeWatch supports opening of Forth Road Bridge
- Container weight verification - a weighty issue
- EEEGR Innovation Award win
- Delivering successful solutions for Port of Dampier
- Strainstall secures significant Bluewater Energy Services contract
- Strainstall's load cells chosen for China
- World's first successful IFS trial
- A special report: Strainstall's offshore monitoring solutions
- Strainstall supports Marine Power Systems’ WaveSub™
- Strainstall install sensors on innovative offshore wind turbine foundation
- BridgeWatch® makes critical structure monitoring affordable
- VMMS™ supplied to the Carbon Trust Offshore Wind Accelerator Programme
- Strainstall's new container weighing system
- Assisting the safe transfer of personnel
- Strainstall provides load measurement solution for stream generator
- Strainstall and Fendercare exhibit in Korea
- Strainstall publish container weight verification white paper
- Strainstall introduce new chain monitoring system
- Strainstall introduce new Container Weighing System (CWS)™
- Strainstall open new mooring facility
- Strainstall to supply StressAlert™system to Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI)
- Strainstall provide vital technology for wave energy
- Strainstall launches new rugged foot switch
- Strainstall supply Total with critical monitoring solution
- Strainstall delivers a load measurement solution
- Strainstall supplies load monitoring solution for superyacht “Hanuman”
- Strainstall wins structural health contract
- Strainstall’s new offshore wind farm vessel management system
- Strainstall undertakes transfer vessel motion monitoring trial at UK offshore wind farm
- Strainstall supplies its Vessel Motion Monitoring System (VMMS)™
- Strainstall's life extension for ageing offshore assets
- Strainstall exhibiting at the James Fisher open day
3 June 2015
Bluewater Energy Services contract secured.
Strainstall wins significant offshore monitoring contract with Bluewater Energy Services.
Strainstall selected to provide offshore monitoring system for Bluewater’s turret mooring systems contract for the Kaombo deep water project.
Strainstall has secured a significant contract with Bluewater Energy Services (Bluewater), a leading offshore company specialising in Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels and Single Point Mooring (SPM) systems, for the provision of its innovative Chain Tension Monitoring System.
The integrity of FPSO moorings is a known issue industry-wide that has been highlighted due to a number of recent mooring chain failures. Identification of these failures, as they occur, is of critical importance for maintaining safety onboard. Strainstall’s CTMS provides a cost-effective solution that warns users immediately in the event of anchor loads exceeding pre-determined limits, delivering a simple system on which operators can rely.
Bluewater selected Strainstall’s superior monitoring solution to ensure the integrity of the turret mooring systems on two FPSO vessels in the Kaombo deep water oil field. The CTMS systems will provide increased operational efficiency and cost reduction through the delivery of a long-term monitoring system that incorporates fully sealed, bespoke sensors lasting over 20 years - significantly longer than any comparable offering.
Evert Han Huernink, project manager at Bluewater Energy Services BV, explained that:
“Strainstall’s CTMS system was selected as it suited Bluewater’s requirements for a simple and easy to install solution to monitor the integrity of the mooring chains for the two Kaombo FPSO's. Strainstall’s reputation in providing customers with confidence during challenging projects, through the delivery of innovative monitoring solutions for the offshore environment, ensured its success."
Simon Everett, managing director of Strainstall, added that:
“This win is an excellent development in Strainstall’s on-going relationship with Bluewater for the provision of load monitoring solutions.We’re extremely pleased with the opportunity to deliver our advanced mooring monitoring system, which has been proven on a number of Total’s offshore platforms previously.”
The ability of the CTMS to interface directly with on-board monitoring and control systems was significant in its selection, providing a simple and easy to use solution for this CTMS application. The system will provide real-time data to operators, giving an accurate indication of mooring loads to ensure they are not overloaded and stay within safe limits.
With previous experience on numerous applications world-wide, including Moho Nord field off the West coast of Africa, CTMS is proven to ensure safe operations in the harshest of environments.