- A record outing for Strainstall's Frank Rose
- Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification.
- Strainstall exhibiting at OTD2017
- Pelican Summer 2017 released
- Strainstall secures OEM contract with Kalmar for installation of CWS™
- Strainstall's mooring system starts monitoring at Hywind
- Strainstall's load monitoring equipment supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- Join Strainstall at the CIRIA roadshow, Solihull
- StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring system installed on Gaza FSO
- Strainstall supported the Halley Antarctic ice station relocation project
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area SmartLoad® products
- Strainstall contributes to new bridge monitoring guidance
- Container Weight System™ successfully achieves EU-type approval
- Strainstall exhibiting at Bridges 2017
- Strainstall is recruiting
- Strainstall expand structural monitoring appeal in Malaysia
- High praise for Strainstall's BridgeWatch™
- Happy birthday Strainstall
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind project
- Strainstall supplies advanced mooring solution at Pengerang
- Strainstall secures major CWS order from DP World Southampton
- Strainstall launches portable container weighing solution CWS™ Portable
- Strainstall wins 'Best Onboard Weighing System 2016' with CWS
- Strainstall delivers industry first in Singapore
- Strainstall is exhibiting at Bridges 2016
- Strainstall takes part in ICHCA 2016 conference to discuss container weighing
- Strainstall relocates its Midsomer Norton base to Bristol
- Strainstall provides insights on how to tackle container weight verification
- Strainstall's BridgeWatch supports opening of Forth Road Bridge
- Container weight verification - a weighty issue
- EEEGR Innovation Award win
- Delivering successful solutions for Port of Dampier
- Strainstall secures significant Bluewater Energy Services contract
- Strainstall's load cells chosen for China
- World's first successful IFS trial
- A special report: Strainstall's offshore monitoring solutions
- Strainstall supports Marine Power Systems’ WaveSub™
- Strainstall install sensors on innovative offshore wind turbine foundation
- BridgeWatch® makes critical structure monitoring affordable
- VMMS™ supplied to the Carbon Trust Offshore Wind Accelerator Programme
- Strainstall's new container weighing system
- Assisting the safe transfer of personnel
- Strainstall provides load measurement solution for stream generator
- Strainstall and Fendercare exhibit in Korea
- Strainstall publish container weight verification white paper
- Strainstall introduce new chain monitoring system
- Strainstall introduce new Container Weighing System (CWS)™
- Strainstall open new mooring facility
- Strainstall to supply StressAlert™system to Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI)
- Strainstall provide vital technology for wave energy
- Strainstall launches new rugged foot switch
- Strainstall supply Total with critical monitoring solution
- Strainstall delivers a load measurement solution
- Strainstall supplies load monitoring solution for superyacht “Hanuman”
- Strainstall wins structural health contract
- Strainstall’s new offshore wind farm vessel management system
- Strainstall undertakes transfer vessel motion monitoring trial at UK offshore wind farm
- Strainstall supplies its Vessel Motion Monitoring System (VMMS)™
- Strainstall's life extension for ageing offshore assets
- Strainstall exhibiting at the James Fisher open day
Strainstall are pleased to be working with CIRIA, the Construction Industry Research and Information Association, as a key sponsor of their upcoming hidden bridge defect roadshow.
With four events planned, the roadshow will showcase the Association’s new publication, ‘Hidden defects in bridges - guidance on detection and management’.
Strainstall has contributed to the guidance, which will be available from early June. It draws on the expertise of leading industry figures, asset owners and operators to offer comprehensive guidance on methods to identify, investigate and manage many known hidden defects, with testing and monitoring having a key role in many situations.
The first event is to be held 1 June 2017 at Bristol Museum’s M-Shed, closely followed by an event in the Midlands on July 4. For more details on either of these events, visit the CIRIA roadshow homepage. Further events are planned in London and Scotland in the autumn.
Each event will provide an overview of this critical good practice guidance, and how it can be used to mitigate the risk of hidden defects which lead to bridge failure, as well as showcase a number of UK and international studies.
The roadshow is open to professionals involved in bridge engineering, inspection and management and will provide an excellent opportunity to network and meet senior industry figures.
Matthew Anderson, Technical Authority at Strainstall, said;
“Testing and monitoring has a key role in the management of many bridge defects; helping to quantify potential problems, facilitate pre-emptive repair work and ultimately increase operational lifespans.
“Emerging technologies are providing huge opportunities for smarter collection and analysis of data, providing much better information about asset condition. For these reasons we’re pleased to be able to sponsor the roadshow, share our expertise and take the opportunity to discuss ideas and innovations from across the bridge engineering community.”
To register your interest for one of the four events please visit the CIRIA’s website.