- Strainstall load shackles to provide valuable monitoring data for SME PLAT-I tidal energy platform
- Strainstall's structural monitoring capabilities now form part of James Fisher Testing Services
- Scotload load shackles used during MeyGen tidal turbine installation
- A record outing for Strainstall's Frank Rose
- Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification.
- Strainstall exhibiting at OTD2017
- Pelican Summer 2017 released
- Strainstall secures OEM contract with Kalmar for installation of CWS™
- Strainstall's mooring system starts monitoring at Hywind
- Strainstall's load monitoring equipment supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- Join Strainstall at the CIRIA roadshow, Solihull
- StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring system installed on Gaza FSO
- Strainstall supported the Halley Antarctic ice station relocation project
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area SmartLoad® products
- Strainstall contributes to new bridge monitoring guidance
- Container Weight System™ successfully achieves EU-type approval
- Strainstall exhibiting at Bridges 2017
- Strainstall is recruiting
- Strainstall expand structural monitoring appeal in Malaysia
- High praise for Strainstall's BridgeWatch™
- Happy birthday Strainstall
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind project
- Strainstall supplies advanced mooring solution at Pengerang
- Strainstall secures major CWS order from DP World Southampton
- Strainstall launches portable container weighing solution CWS™ Portable
- Strainstall wins 'Best Onboard Weighing System 2016' with CWS
- Strainstall delivers industry first in Singapore
- Strainstall is exhibiting at Bridges 2016
- Strainstall takes part in ICHCA 2016 conference to discuss container weighing
- Strainstall relocates its Midsomer Norton base to Bristol
- Strainstall provides insights on how to tackle container weight verification
- Strainstall's BridgeWatch supports opening of Forth Road Bridge
- Container weight verification - a weighty issue
- EEEGR Innovation Award win
- Delivering successful solutions for Port of Dampier
- Strainstall secures significant Bluewater Energy Services contract
- Strainstall's load cells chosen for China
- World's first successful IFS trial
- A special report: Strainstall's offshore monitoring solutions
- Strainstall supports Marine Power Systems’ WaveSub™
- Strainstall install sensors on innovative offshore wind turbine foundation
- BridgeWatch® makes critical structure monitoring affordable
- VMMS™ supplied to the Carbon Trust Offshore Wind Accelerator Programme
- Strainstall's new container weighing system
- Assisting the safe transfer of personnel
- Strainstall provides load measurement solution for stream generator
- Strainstall and Fendercare exhibit in Korea
- Strainstall publish container weight verification white paper
- Strainstall introduce new chain monitoring system
- Strainstall introduce new Container Weighing System (CWS)™
- Strainstall open new mooring facility
- Strainstall to supply StressAlert™system to Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI)
- Strainstall provide vital technology for wave energy
- Strainstall launches new rugged foot switch
- Strainstall supply Total with critical monitoring solution
- Strainstall delivers a load measurement solution
- Strainstall supplies load monitoring solution for superyacht “Hanuman”
- Strainstall wins structural health contract
- Strainstall’s new offshore wind farm vessel management system
- Strainstall undertakes transfer vessel motion monitoring trial at UK offshore wind farm
- Strainstall supplies its Vessel Motion Monitoring System (VMMS)™
- Strainstall's life extension for ageing offshore assets
- Strainstall exhibiting at the James Fisher open day
24 March 2015
Strainstall supports MPS Wavesub™.
Strainstall supports Marine Power Systems' (MPS) WaveSub™ during monitoring system design phase.
Strainstall, part of James Fisher and Sons plc, has been selected to provide a complex monitoring package to support the prototype testing of WaveSub™, a wave power harnessing device from MPS.
Phase one of the monitoring solution will apply Strainstall's complex data acquisition system and expertise in data processing and analytics. The design and deployment of a range of sensors, coupled with a state of-the-art monitoring system, will deliver an integrated solution to provide accurate and insightful performance information. Future phases will involve further installations and commissioning as well as providing support where needed in all aspects of monitoring expertise.
WaveSub™ is an innovative wave device that has the potential to substantially reduce the cost of energy associated with wave power. WaveSub™ is easy to install and retrieve, has a low construction cost and is immensely efficient in energy generation. The device will be tested with FaBTest, an award-winning, pre-consented, 2.8km test area situated within Falmouth harbour. Situated between 3 and 5 kms offshore in Falmouth Bay, the nursery facility enables device developers to test components, concepts or full scale devices in a moderate wave climate, whist giving excellent accessibility to the device.
Managing director, Simon Whitford, commented on this saying:
"Strainstall delivers smart monitoring systems to enable customers to transform the management of their assets. The company has supported the offshore renewables industry since its inception and we are looking forward to working with MPS and applying our knowledge and experience to this project as it evolves. We are thrilled our capabilities will be key in supporting the validation of the performance of the WaveSub™."
Gareth Stockman, managing director of MPS said:
"The partnership that has been developed between MPS and Strainstall is very exciting. It represents an opportunity for us to make innovative and pioneering strides forward in this emerging renewable sector. The world-class monitoring expertise being provided by Strainstall will allow us take that next step in understanding the device's potential in providing cost saving solutions within the wave energy market."
Strainstall will apply knowledge gained from previous experience monitoring offshore and subsea assets including numerous marine energy devices. This contract also extends the James Fisher group's marine energy industry success following the recent Meygen project win, where James Fisher was awarded the contract to complete the offshore installation activities including four 1.5 megawatt tidal turbines.