- Strainstall's mooring system starts monitoring at Hywind
- Strainstall's load monitoring equipment supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- Join Strainstall at the CIRIA roadshow, Solihull
- StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring system installed on Gaza FSO
- Strainstall supported the Halley Antarctic ice station relocation project
Strainstall's specialist mooring system starts monitoring at Hywind.
Strainstall's specialist mooring monitoring system is now in use at the world's first offshore floating wind turbine site, Hywind, as the first turbine is floated into place.
Strainstall won the mooring monitoring contract at Hywind just over a year ago and is proud its system is now in use. The collaboration with MacGregor has now delivered a fully integrated mooring solution to monitor the forces on the floating turbines.
Statoil has confirmed that the first of five Siemens 6MW turbines, mounted on a SPAR-type floating foundation, is at its designated location. The remaining four will follow soon and Hywind Scotland is expected to be commissioned later this year (2017).
Read the latest news on Hywind: