- A record outing for Strainstall's Frank Rose
- Scotload’s zone 1 SmartLoad® products now with U.S. and Canadian certification.
- Strainstall exhibiting at OTD2017
- Pelican Summer 2017 released
- Strainstall secures OEM contract with Kalmar for installation of CWS™
- Strainstall's mooring system starts monitoring at Hywind
- Strainstall's load monitoring equipment supports BAS Halley VI relocation project
- Join Strainstall at the CIRIA roadshow, Solihull
- StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring system installed on Gaza FSO
- Strainstall supported the Halley Antarctic ice station relocation project
- Launch of zone 1 hazardous area SmartLoad® products
- Strainstall contributes to new bridge monitoring guidance
- Container Weight System™ successfully achieves EU-type approval
- Strainstall exhibiting at Bridges 2017
- Strainstall is recruiting
- Strainstall expand structural monitoring appeal in Malaysia
- High praise for Strainstall's BridgeWatch™
- Happy birthday Strainstall
- Strainstall provides specialised mooring monitoring for Hywind project
- Strainstall supplies advanced mooring solution at Pengerang
- Strainstall secures major CWS order from DP World Southampton
- Strainstall launches portable container weighing solution CWS™ Portable
- Strainstall wins 'Best Onboard Weighing System 2016' with CWS
- Strainstall delivers industry first in Singapore
- Strainstall is exhibiting at Bridges 2016
- Strainstall takes part in ICHCA 2016 conference to discuss container weighing
- Strainstall relocates its Midsomer Norton base to Bristol
- Strainstall provides insights on how to tackle container weight verification
- Strainstall's BridgeWatch supports opening of Forth Road Bridge
- Container weight verification - a weighty issue
- EEEGR Innovation Award win
- Delivering successful solutions for Port of Dampier
- Strainstall secures significant Bluewater Energy Services contract
- Strainstall's load cells chosen for China
- World's first successful IFS trial
- A special report: Strainstall's offshore monitoring solutions
- Strainstall supports Marine Power Systems’ WaveSub™
- Strainstall install sensors on innovative offshore wind turbine foundation
- BridgeWatch® makes critical structure monitoring affordable
- VMMS™ supplied to the Carbon Trust Offshore Wind Accelerator Programme
- Strainstall's new container weighing system
- Assisting the safe transfer of personnel
- Strainstall provides load measurement solution for stream generator
- Strainstall and Fendercare exhibit in Korea
- Strainstall publish container weight verification white paper
- Strainstall introduce new chain monitoring system
- Strainstall introduce new Container Weighing System (CWS)™
- Strainstall open new mooring facility
- Strainstall to supply StressAlert™system to Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI)
- Strainstall provide vital technology for wave energy
- Strainstall launches new rugged foot switch
- Strainstall supply Total with critical monitoring solution
- Strainstall delivers a load measurement solution
- Strainstall supplies load monitoring solution for superyacht “Hanuman”
- Strainstall wins structural health contract
- Strainstall’s new offshore wind farm vessel management system
- Strainstall undertakes transfer vessel motion monitoring trial at UK offshore wind farm
- Strainstall supplies its Vessel Motion Monitoring System (VMMS)™
- Strainstall's life extension for ageing offshore assets
- Strainstall exhibiting at the James Fisher open day
StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring system installed on Gaza FSO
Strainstall's StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring system to enhance safety of Gaza FSO.
Strainstall, part of James Fisher and Sons plc, is pleased to announce the successful installation of its market-leading StressAlert™ hull stress monitoring system on the recently converted Gaza floating storage and offloading unit (FSO), at the Bouri offshore field in the Mediterranean.
Following completion of the $424.78m vessel conversion from a super tanker, Strainstall was commissioned to design and install the StressAlert™ system, to enable continuous monitoring of the vessel's hull structural integrity during production activities. With over 300 systems installed worldwide, Strainstall is an expert in the development of monitoring solutions for offshore and hazardous environments.
A substantial asset, the Gaza FSO's operator, Mellitah Oil and Gas, wanted the ability to continually monitor the hull condition under operating parameters. The FSO now benefits from real-time data acquisition and bespoke analytical capabilities to monitor the vessel's hull condition. The system facilitates predictive maintenance planning and maintains a from-launch record of hull stress that enables fatigue life to be accurately determined.
Speaking about the project, Simon Everett, managing director of Strainstall said:
"We're very pleased with the successful installation on the Gaza FSO. With a conversion on such a large vessel there was a lot to consider during system configuration, but the team is highly experienced and the system is working well.
"StressAlert™ helps operators to understand the condition of their assets and implement preventative maintenance programmes. Ultimately the system helps improve safety and we are pleased to be able to put this into practice on such a large vessel and demonstrate the benefits of the system on this scale."
The Gaza FSO was commissioned to replace the existing Sloug FSO and the wider project involved detailed design, engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, installation and commissioning of the associated offshore facilities. Strainstall was selected to provide monitoring services due to their expertise in the field and due to the quality of service provided in supporting other major asset monitoring projects.
Another group company, James Fisher Subsea Excavation was selected for post-lay trenching and backfilling activities during the FSO renewal and installation project, demonstrating the wide range of marine services available to customers in the James Fisher group of companies.
With the installation complete, the Gaza FSO reached the Bouri field in May 2016 and made its first successful offloading of crude oil in January 2017.